It’s my favorite weekend of the year! Or one of them. Top 5. For sure. I love The Virginia Film Festival, and have attended every year since I was a 4th year student at UVa – 8 years in a row! I recently styled a wild and warm outfit for the weekend’s festivities, showing a little Virginia Film Festival Shop Girl Style for film-hopping and shop-girling.
My VFF Picks
I always try to see as many films as possible when the Virginia Film Festival arrives, and this year, they do not disappoint with an incredible line-up for their 30th Anniversary festival. It’s so hard to pick! But here is my list of films I’ll be seeing this weekend.
- Thursday :: Opening Night Film – Downsizing, 7pm
- Friday :: Krystal, 7pm
- Friday :: Rebels on Point, 9pm
- Saturday :: Wild Honey, 3:15pm
- This is going to be such a treat!! My childhood friend produced this film, and I get to reunite with her and her family for the showing. Her mom was my ballet teacher growing up in Northern Virginia, and I’m not sure if I’m more excited to see all of them or the film!
- Saturday :: Centerpiece Film – Hostiles, 7:30pm
- Sunday :: Sammy Davis, Jr.: I’ve Gotta Be Me, 11:45am
- Sunday :: The Leisure Seeker, 1:30pm
- Sunday :: Charlottesville: Our Streets, 4:30pm
- Sunday :: Closing Night Film – Call Me by Your Name, 7:30pm
What films are you seeing this weekend, darlings?
Virginia Film Festival Shop Girl Style | Get Wild (and Warm)
First of all, the teddy (or pile) coat trend makes my heart super happy. I found this gem at T.J. Maxx recently for under $30! And it’s the most huggable coat ever. People just want to touch me and hug me when I wear it. It’s not me. It’s the coat. Just look at it.
Besides the incredible coat, my outfit inspiration came from my “Where the Wild Things Are” tee I recently acquired at the shop. It quickly became a new fav, and has inspired me to get wild with my style. I layered started with my favorite pair of high-waisted black jeans (Free People, scored at Darling last year) and the graphic tee, and went from there, adding to the base a pair of OTK boots (another incredible new score from the shop) and my tried-and-true leather jacket from Anthropologie a while back. Oh, and of course my seeing goggles, because I can’t see a movie without them. I’ll also look very intellectual during the festival due to my poor vision, which is an added bonus.
I threw the teddy coat over the leather jacket ensemble, and I had a perfectly warm and wild outfit for the festival weekend.
OUTFIT DETAILS | Linnea’s Darling finds :: “Where the Wild Things Are” tee, Junk Food Clothing / Free People black jeans / OTK boots, Charlotte Russe / Vintage Coach bag / Emily Warden Designs geo stud earrings / Dinosaur Toes ring & Made by Bees stacking rings // Other pieces from Linnea’s closet :: Anthropologie vegan leather jacket / Sanctuary Clothing teddy coat, via T.J. Maxx